1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Swish has not been active since 2015, this website only exists as an archive. ~ejegun

Updates [Propositions]

Discussion in 'Community Corner' started by Neil, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Neil

Neil Former Administrator
    OhZola

Hey everyone,

Let's face it: recently, Swish has had some issues with popularity. At the end of the Summer, we were consistently hitting 300 people every day; now we hit around 220 every day. I've thought about why our player count has decreased, and I've come to the conclusion that the dip in popularity can be attributed to the recent lag issues (resolved) and the recent lack of updates. As far as I know, Luke is working on some updates for the server right now, but I really wanted to get the community's opinion. Below are some questions that I would like people to answer if you have a little time and want to see Swish grow:

What kind of updates would you like to see?

What would you like to see improved/fixed out of the current gamemodes?

Would you like to have some community events? If so, explain what events you would like to see.

What do you like about Swish? What do you not like?

Do you think that we should put the US server (separate from EU) back up? If not, why not?

Anything else you would like to add?

Thanks everyone,
    - OhZola and Max

Chris, Max, Tahsin and 2 others like this.
  2. Avion

Avion
    Sr. Moderator

Avion

10/10 -IGN

3. redikus

redikus Member
    redikus

more minigames. or maybe a currency system? after you win a match, to get some emeralds or whatever, to customize yourself
    they work perfectly
    Would you like to have some community events? If so, explain what events you would like to see.
    yes, like tournaments, and community games on the forum
    it becomes boring at one point, there should be more entertaining mods
    Do you think that we should put the US server back up?
    10/10
    more minigames. or maybe a currency system? after you win a match, to get some emeralds or whatever, to customize yourself

tom00117 likes this.
  4. AndrewCFC

AndrewCFC Builder
    AndrewCFC

The "anything else" refers to having something different to add. Anyway...

Possibly a ranking system which is determined by point brackets. This rank could maybe be represented by a letter in chat to keep it looking clean or maybe just displayed in a player's stats. Being a certain rank would mean that you would be put against others with similar ranks so that you are constantly fighting others with similar skill.

I personally do not like the current hit range. I'm assuming NCP is being used, but I'd prefer it to be stronger. This is because it feels like ping is too much of a gamechanging factor and there are too many random combos. If you are against someone with ridiculous ping they will most likely destroy you because they can completely out-hit you. I know that ping will always give an advantage, but I'm asking for this advantage to be reduced. This would also combat hacking as the hacker would not be able to kill aura as far as they can currently. I find that people can still get a combo on me whilst I have got a rod combo on them, which should be superior. Some of this sounds flawed but the only thing I can say to that is to try playing on a server with a much stronger anti-cheat system; hackers aren't as lethal and skill becomes prevalent over lucky combos.

TeamPvP tournaments would be cool.

I like the hardcore PvP experience and the competitiveness.

What I don't like is listed above.

Do you think that we should put the US server back up?

It doesn't really affect me much apart from playing against laggy players, but yes it should. I can imagine how much US players would appreciate it.

Nope.

tommat, Neil, Max and 1 other person like this.
  5. Neil

OhZola

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

6. Kingcraft1233

Kingcraft1233 Member
    kingcraft1233

What kind of updates would you like to see? Some new gamemodes. Not only 1v1 but also pvp based gamemodes like capture the flag etc...

What would you like to see improved/fixed out of the current gamemodes? I would like some more maps on 1v1,2v2 etc... because these ones are getting repetitive. And also maybe make the game not as ping based.

Would you like to have some community events? If so, explain what events you would like to see. YES! a 1v1 tournament would be AWESOME! And the reward would be a 1 month VIP/DONOR rank. If a VIP/DONOR wins they get nothing...

What do you like about Swish? What do you not like? I like the community, the mods are VERY nice and helpful. I don't like the maps being the same and being repetitive.

Do you think that we should put the US server back up? No

Anything else you would like to add? No

7. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

Like those ideas A LOT. Community, community, thats the thing which seems extremely important to me, community events.

Eddy and tommat like this.
  8. Matt

Matt Former Sr. Moderator
    mr_pendle

Lots more people would be on at the end of summer as there is no school and they have a lot more time where as now there are exams and school and people tend to generally have less free time. However, I'll fill this out.

What kind of updates would you like to see? Some sort of gamemode which you can do with friends - team pvp is the only thing I'd do on swish, as it's a fun thing to do whilst on teamspeak/skype and play. Even though I don't go on Swish at all, if I new gamemode which I could play with friends was implemented, it would encourage me to come on teamspeak and go on the server.

What would you like to see improved/fixed out of the current gamemodes? Nothing to add here.

I would love some community events. If for example, there was a PvP tournament, and was advertised on the server well, then it would encourage a lot more people to join the forums to apply for the tournament. If they like the forums, they may be active, and the forums would become more interesting. As for events, I'm not really sure. Something people from the in-game community can take part in, instead of just active forumers.

I haven't been on the server lately so I can't really comment here.

Do you think that we should put the US server (separate from EU) back up?
    Hmmm. To be honest, US Swish hasn't been successful in the past and not many people have gone on it. However, I don't know, it might be different now. However, this thread is about getting more people on Swish. I feel like EU swish should be improved before US is launched.

Not really, except I would love for the forums to become more active, as it's the only part of the community I'm involved in.

Neil likes this.
  9. Neil

OhZola

I appreciate all of the enthusiasm. So far there are two things popping out at me: 'community' and 'tournaments'.

10. Chris

Chris
    VIP

OmgItsChris_

I think that people would be on more at the end of the summer because there was no school. Now that there is school many people are focusing more on school as this year is more immportant than last year. And also there was alot of lag on MCSwish, that is why I quit for some time. The last few months many people in the pvp community went over to CounterStrike : Global Offensive. So I think that it is not only MCSwish, but other servers aswell.

Over to the questions

What kind of updates would you like to see? I would like to see more updates not special ones just updates that make the server better :)

What would you like to see improved/fixed out of the current gamemodes? Making it so if the timer runs out in a 1v1 it just starts the round over with the same results and it could only do it three times in a row.

Would you like to have some community events? If so, explain what events you would like to see. Yes I would. I want more tournaments. 1v1 otournaments, 2v2 tournaments, 3v3 e.t.c.

What do you like about Swish? What do you not like? What I like about swish is the forums and how the plugins. What I don't like is that people can say stupid words like 'noob' 'eZ' 'l2p' without getting any punishments. It is very disrespectful and should NOT be all0wed

Do you think that we should put the US server (separate from EU) back up? If not, why not? I think you should, but it could be so that all of the players could play together EU and US like it was the same server, but just hosted two different places.

Anything else you would like to add? A forum rule that doesn't let you have more than 2 images and 4 lines of text or 6 lines of text and no pictures. (NO VIDEOS)

BlackTigerSRB likes this.
  11. BlackTigerSRB

BlackTigerSRB Active Member
    BlackTigerSRB

Maybe, add some tournament sometime or something like that :)
    I'm not for the mini games, this is normal PvP server so I want to stay like that, without kits or power-ups :), that's my opinion

[​IMG]

Chris likes this.
  12. ImTheNarwhal

ImTheNarwhal Member
    ImTheNarwhal

What kind of updates would you like to see? Online Leaderboards, teampvp leaderboards.

What would you like to see improved/fixed out of the current gamemodes? Make waiting in the queue shorter

Would you like to have some community events? If so, explain what events you would like to see. 1v1 tournaments, 2v2 tournaments, etc.

What do you like about Swish? What do you not like? The plugin. Lack of staff.

Do you think that we should put the US server (separate from EU) back up? If not, why not? No, as it's wasting money that could be spent on EU's budget.

Anything else you would like to add? N/A

13. ByteSize

ByteSize Member
    ByteSize_

I would like to see the US server come back out, since I am from North America

Max and Neil like this.
  14. MeAndMyCat

MeAndMyCat
    VIP

MeAndMyCat

What kind of updates would you like to see? Just going with what everybody says; leaderboards for 1v1 and Team PvP.

What would you like to see improved/fixed out of the current gamemodes? Nothing.

Would you like to have some community events? If so, explain what events you would like to see. Tournaments for Team PvP which are actually hosted by the Swish team itself. Most tournaments on Swish were hosted by somebody else and due to lack of organization they didn't really work out. I think there should also be a prize for the winner as people would sign up for the tournament easier if there was a prize.

What do you like about Swish? What do you not like? I really enjoy Swish, but after a few months without updates, it's getting a bit repetitive. That's what this thread is for though :p

Do you think that we should put the US server (separate from EU) back up? If not, why not? I don't think this is a good idea. Swish has always been an EU server and that's why it has almost no US players. If there'd be a US server, I don't think it would get much popularity very quickly just because there isn't a load of people wanting to play it. This could of course change ;)

Anything else you would like to add? No.

Max and Neil like this.
  15. Ethan

Ethan Map Builder
    Ethn

well i can make this really quick

I lag on the server
    lots of hackers even though the mods do try, it's still a problem.
    Community is to compettive and not very welcoming, ie bring some community games forums comp giveaways.
    It's been Halloween for about a month.

16. Tahsin

Tahsin Map Builder
    TahsinRahman

I would like to see a few new gametypes which drift away from the pvp aspect of the server but not completely so perhaps gamemodes which require strategy rather than plain old pvp skills. In addition, I would like to see 1v1 queues shorten for normal players as it can be very frustrating waiting for your 1v1 to start at peak times. This can be overcomed by creating new lobbies for players and having separate maps and games for each lobby. This would also be helpful as the server grows because it would prevent players being cramped in one lobby.

I would like a new system where, if the 1v1 game's timer runs out, the person who

I would love to see some community events as they would reuniye the community together and make bonds between members stronger. I don't have many ideas on different community events but the ones that I have have already been mentioned by others.

What do you like about Swish? What do you not like? I like many things about Swish such as the forums and teamspeak community. However, I do not particularly like certain parts of the in game community as they get way too competetive which eventally lead onto greater issues such as arguments that mainly include the two protagonists disrespecting each other. In order to actually reduce this continuos disrespect, stricter rules regarding this topic should be placed like censoring words and dealing with the offenders with perhaps harsher punishments such as removal from the server.

Do you think that we should put the US server (separate from EU) back up? If not, why not?
    Yes because we do actually have quite a lot of US players or at least we used to and bringinf the US server back up would increase as the US PvP community is pretty much as big as the EU.

I do not believe so.

I hope this thread does have an impact into improving Swish overall.

Thank you.

17. AndrewCFC

AndrewCFC Builder
    AndrewCFC

uh wat

http://prntscr.com/59onzl

18. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

If we'd add more minigames they will most likely be without kits which take advantage of other players. You must understand that we have to branch out to grow our playerbase and keep the server running.

JennoKoala and BlackTigerSRB like this.
  19. BlackTigerSRB

BlackTigerSRB Active Member
    BlackTigerSRB

Of corse, I just say my opinion, but just stay focus on instant pvp mini games, don't make something else :)

[​IMG]

20. Matt

Matt Former Sr. Moderator
    mr_pendle

if you can't be bothered to write 15 messages, I doubt you'd be a good mod lol

tommat likes this.