1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Swish has not been active since 2015, this website only exists as an archive. ~ejegun

Reinvigorating the forums

Discussion in 'Community Corner' started by Neil, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Neil

Neil Former Administrator
    OhZola

Hey everyone,

Recently, I've noticed that the forums have gone pretty inactive. The cause of this is likely the fact that not a lot of people use or even know about the forums aspect of Swish; however, I'd like to ask you: what can we do to attract more people to the forums and/or make the forums more engaging for those who are already part of the community?

Let me know as a reply to this thread.

Thanks!

-Neil

Chris and tommat like this.
  2. Mesmerising

Mesmerising Known Member
    9Life

Finally I though about bringing this up to other members of staff for ideas I dont have many but maybe something that rewards you for going on there on a daily basis.

3. ITANGOHD

ITANGOHD Member
    ITANGOHD

Maybe put the message "Come join our forums" or something like that around every 10 minutes as a broadcast in chat?

4. tommat

tommat Map Builder
    tommat6000

import Mooclan its like magic

but seriously, all a forum needs to be decently active are threads that are a topic for discussion. Whilst its useful having announcements and 'Count to 10' threads, the only reason new people would want to stay is if the forum is actually interesting

Matt, Mooclan and Avion like this.
  5. Harvey

Harvey Known Member
    picklemyers

Forums ranks as well as just server ranks... This could be when you get like 100 messages you will have a rank called Forumer or something which could then be a blue in-game colour. This will make people want to come on and get that rank to feel acknowledged or noticed. Obviously you can't get it by necroposting threads etc.

Or something along these lines^

JasonStatham likes this.
  6. Guys make Awards such as: Best PVP-er, best staff and so. It would be great in my opinion :D

Harvey likes this.
  7. tommat

tommat Map Builder
    tommat6000

But then it's just based on the forums, which is 90% moderators who are friends and will just vote for each other
    : /

that destroys the communities' input on the whole thing lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    Tahsin likes this.
  8. Well you can vote for your best friend Mod but if Senior Staff think that the certain moderator doesn't deserve the award then he's not going to get it :)

9. well honestly it doesn't because the whole point is that "the best moderator" should be picked. Not the favoritized one. So "the best one" should get the award. But I see your point :d

10. Matt

Matt Former Sr. Moderator
    mr_pendle

100 messages is far too low... That could be achieved in 2 days. Also, it was cause spam and pointless messages and wouldn't actually make the forums any more interesting than they are now. Personally, a way which I think the forums could be 'reinvigorated' is by:
    • Announcements on the server telling people about the forums, but also telling them about what the forum has to offer
    • Ok, so competitions. And not the PvP type competitions. For example, lets say someone posted a suggestion for swish and it got implemented, then the 1st person who suggested it in a thread would win donor for a short amount of time. This, in my opinion, would encourage more people to post threads which would provide a discussion point for the forums. This would not only provide new ideas for swish but reinvigorate the forums.
    • Whilst I said in-game ranks wouldn't work in the scenario above, I do think there is a possibility with that idea. Instead of messages, there should be a time rank. If someone has been on the forums for over a yeah, and has reached 1 thousand messages then they could get custom items or clothing in game or have special lobbies and features for people who have reached this milestone. It could work something like this: 3 months, 250 messages = access to the 1st tier of a swish shop (This tier would have basic items which they could choose from - eg. pig to ride, enchanted leather armour (lobby only!)) + put on the 'bronze' section of an achievements book (Kinda like the rule book but with lists of people who have been active on the forums) - 6 months, 500 messages = access to 2nd tier of swish shop (Nicer items in this tier - eg. better pets, enchanted iron armour (Lobby only)) + Put in the silver section of the achievements book. - 1 year, 1000 messages = Access to the third and final tier of the shop (eg. horses to ride, enchanted gold armour) and also allowed access to an inclusive lobby filled up with many more things to do. This lobby would have to be well known about to regular members to encourage them to try and reach this target. Also, this would be in the gold section of the book. Finally, there would be an award for 2 years and 2000 messages, which has no perks except for being in a special segment of the achievements book.
    That last idea has potential in my opinion as not only does it encourage people to become active on the forums with the promise of many more perks, it is definitely not easy to get and new users would have to show commitment since only 4 members have actually reached that at the moment. However, it would be much easier to reach as more people join and post however by then you could always increase with more perks for 5000 messages, if that makes sense. Also, since it is hard to achieve, the mini milestones in between would be motivation to try and make people continue to maintain being active. Just an idea :)

Ex0dUs101, _refuze, Chris and 2 others like this.
  11. Mooclan

Mooclan Member

You called? :3

tommat likes this.
  12. Tahsin

Tahsin Map Builder
    TahsinRahman

And he arrived.

Mooclan likes this.
  13. iTzMatt

iTzMatt Member
    Mxt

My idea would be that every 2 week or a month the most active person would get a reward or something along does lines and the once that spam everyday just to be active because the want to win should be getting anything. Just my idea don't hate please.:)

14. Salared

Salared Map Builder
    salared

Increase the mod requirement to 100 posts

tommat and Matt like this.
  15. Then nobody would get Mod. Just my opinion.

16. Salared

Salared Map Builder
    salared

oops typo i meant 1000

tommat and Matt like this.
  17. Legitimate !!!!

18. Tommychef123

Tommychef123 Known Member
    Tommychef123

Be sexy af. That's definitely it.

Ex0dUs101 likes this.
  19. MrPiggyBaccaPvP

MrPiggyBaccaPvP New Member
    MrPiggyBacca

The only tip I could think of is to advertise it on the swishmc servers or give a reward or something to come on thr forums. I know there not great ideas but I will try and encourage and inform players. :p

20. Lifeyz

Lifeyz Active Member
    Lifeyz

You're not funny sry

Matt, Salared and FlaqeL | Nick like this.