1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Swish has not been active since 2015, this website only exists as an archive. ~ejegun

OhZola's Resignation Letter

Discussion in 'Community Corner' started by Neil, May 3, 2015.

1. Neil

Neil Former Administrator
    OhZola

Hello everyone,

Sadly, today is the last day as an administrator here for me. I've worked here for almost 9 months, and I've loved every single second of it. I loved watching the community grow, interacting with the community, and managing the staff team. Swish has been an extremely important part of my life while I was here, and will forever remain in my thoughts.

The reason that I'm resigning today, is very simple. In the past, I've been extremely motivated by the growth of the server and trying to hit new peaks of player count; now, though, I've done everything I can to keep Swish from going downhill, but it seems as though my efforts aren't enough. With the lack of a developer, I can't do much to help, and that pains me more than you may think. I really do care about this server and this community, but I can't go on working here if I'm not enjoying myself anymore and my efforts are going to waste.

As I've said, I really care about this server and community, and I wish nothing but the very, very best for all of you. Swish will forever be one of the most exciting, interesting, and unforgettable experiences of my life, and it is with much sadness that I leave my position as an Administrator.

Max You're the best internet friend I have. You're nice, easy to talk to, and very understanding. I don't think I've ever had a disagreement with you, and I hope that we never do. I know that we'll still talk to each other every day and play CS:GO together, but the experience of working with you and befriending you will stay with me forever.

ejegun You, too, are an amazing friend. Even though you don't play CS:GO, I have no doubt that we will keep up our friendship over Kik and Steam as long as we're available. You're a hilarious guy, and I would hate to lose a friend like you because of my resignation. Keep that voice deep, Erik.

Walruski Thank you so much for being a developer here, even if for a short time. You're a really nice person, and a really honest friend.

JennoKoala You were one of the greatest Sr. Mods here, and have made a great contribution to Swish. Thanks for all of your work.

@SrMods You guys are an outstanding Sr. Staff Team, and it is with the utmost confidence that I say that you are one of the most efficient and friendly Sr. Staff Teams around. You've done an outstanding job so far, and it was a huge pleasure working and befriending all of you. Stay amazing, mates.

@Mods You, too, are all great. Even though we've had some difficulties recently with activity, I believe that you guys can dig yourself out of that ditch, and continue being one of the most amazing Moderative Staff Teams out there. Good luck to you all in your endeavors of achieving Sr. Mod, because you all have the potential to do so. You wouldn't be here if you weren't worthy. Stay awesome!

@Community I owe my hugest thanks and apologies to everyone out there that has been part of this community. Whether you just joined or have been here for a long time, you make the server what it is, and I am eternally grateful to you for providing me with the opportunity of serving you as an Administrator. I'd also like to offer my apologies for resigning, and I hope that you all stay here just as long as you would have without me. Have fun, and stay awesome!

And, with that, I'm signing out as an Administrator for the last time. I love you all, and my memories of being an Administrator here will stay with me to the end of time!

Farewell,

Neil

Swish Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Tjdriver

Tjdriver Active Member
    Tjdriver

NO THIS CANT BE OMG
    OEGIJNOEIRPGNGPIORENM
    #RIPSWISH
    On a serious note. If I am entirely honest I don't know how swish is going to carry on... And on behalf of me and the whole community we want to say thank you for all your contribution! Swish wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. #LongLiveNeil You have demonstrated extreme dedication and determination throughout your time here, no one could ask for anymore. Thank you.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Chris and Neil like this.
  3. Cormac

Cormac
    VIP

FAMILYMONSTER

But on a serious note, Neil you have really benefited the community! Without you I honestly can't see where Swish stands now... You have really helped me get past hard times in life and it's sad to see you leave. This was a shock to me, but you do have a valid reason. The amount of dedication you have put into Swish is just beyond incredible! You will definitely be missed by the community!Thank you for everything! Best of luck in the future, I'll miss you <3

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Chris and Neil like this.
  4. Neil

OhZola

Sorry, everyone. I'll miss everyone from an Admin point of view, but I'm still going to be here as a community member.

Chris and Cormac like this.
  5. Mesmerising

Mesmerising Known Member
    9Life

6. Ex0dUs101

Ex0dUs101 Known Member
    Ex0dUs101

I was seriously hoping this was a troll, but reading through I can see it's genuine and I understand
    With the recent mass-resignations, and the massive drop in peak-players, I understand the loss in motivation :(

As for the rest of the Staff team, we'll just have to find a way to push through all this.

Goodbye Neil. You've done more for this Community than you ever actually had to, and for that, you'll never be forgotten within it.

7. RvngeOG

RvngeOG Active Member
    Lisle1998

;-; rip in pece - potential owner
    jk , but sad to see you leave, ive seen you on here for so long...

MCGamerzism and Neil like this.
  8. Tjdriver

Tjdriver Active Member
    Tjdriver

He pretty much was an owner. He did more than the 2 owners put together.

Ex0dUs101 likes this.
  9. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

I salute to you, thank you for your service.

You have done a lot for us the past few months and helped the community become a better place in a lot of was. I'm sure we'll stay in contact and I'll talk to you soon.

Chris, Neil, Ex0dUs101 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

Thanks... Just remember, without ejegun or me Swish would've never existed and you wouldn't have been a staff member here.

(Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that I double posted.)

tommat, Chris, Ex0dUs101 and 3 others like this.
  11. Tjdriver

Tjdriver Active Member
    Tjdriver

Okay, you're right. I guess I phrased is incorrectly. He has done more than you and Erik in the past weeks he's been admin. I thank you and Erik a lot for the stuff you have done for Swish it's absolutely amazing! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you two. I guess i'm sorry, I didn't mean it to come across that way. My apologizes.

Chris, Neil and Cormac like this.
  12. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

We all have a life outside of Minecraft. Exams are starting for me next week and I've been rather busy with other things in real life.

Nevertheless, lets forget about it.

Chris, Neil, Tjdriver and 2 others like this.
  13. Harvey

Harvey Known Member
    picklemyers

Neil, thank you for all your work here. You will forever be remembered as one of the best staff members this server has ever had. Good luck in all your future endeavours, have a good life; im sure you will. :)

Neil likes this.
  14. Chris

Chris
    VIP

OmgItsChris_

You told me about this on saturday. I really hoped you were joking about it, but as far as I can see, you aren't.

I will miss you Neil, I still want to stay in contact even if you're not a staff member anymore.

Please come on ts so we can play more runescape :p

Neil likes this.
  15. Avion

Avion
    Sr. Moderator

Avion

16. Neil

OhZola

Will do :)

Chris likes this.
  17. Neil

OhZola

Thank you all for your farewells. I really appreciate it, and you have no idea how much it means to me that people take the time out of their day to say goodbye. Once again, I'm very sorry for leaving Swish like this.

Chris likes this.
  18. Neil

OhZola

After due consideration, I've decided to it my resignation on hold, as odd as that might sound, to accommodate some of the current Sr. Staff Team needs. I will still be leaving in the coming week(s), but, first, I'd like to get the staff on their feet.

Thread temporarily locked.

19. Thanks for the mention, considering if it wasn't for me, the server wouldn't be up right now.

Katy, RvngeOG, Cormac and 1 other person like this.
  20. Neil

OhZola

Forgot you, sorry mate. Anyway, thanks for helping out, even if it was for a short time. I appreciate it.

RvngeOG likes this.