1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Swish has not been active since 2015, this website only exists as an archive. ~ejegun

Disrespect rule

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Max, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

Hello everybody

Quick announcement. We're revoking the ezz/l2p/rekt rule. Saying noob or other disrespect will still result in an instant kick. If continued, a ban will be filed. Saying ezz etc. on excess will still result in punishment.
    This is just a quick announcement, so if there's other questions, feel free to post it and I'll answer it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    Cecilia, tommat, Leon and 5 others like this.
  2. cdrew

cdrew Known Member
    cdrew2

Got it Max! I think that this rule should help a lot so that people are not as confused about it.

tommat likes this.
  3. Leon

Leon Known Member
    TheBluemeerkat

Just for a quick reason why we changed it.

Due to the amount of disrespect on the server we have decided to revoke the rule seeing as it was too hard to moderate and moniter. It caused stress and a lot of problems for mods and us sr.staff. But as the thread states.
    "We do appreciate it if you don't say easy/rekt/l2p, but you won't get instantly kicked if you do otherwise."

4. tommat

tommat Map Builder
    tommat6000

Sounds good; on multiple occasions I have seen people having a go at mods because they were kicked for saying 'rekt' or 'ez' when it turns out they were just joking with friends.
    Just to carry on from that, I wanna point out the obvious. I have heard this said before and I agree 100% - mods cannot tell sarcasm from genuine disrespect through text over the internet. So the best thing to do is not say anything even vaguely rood, then you will never get in a situation where staff have made a mistake because they misunderstood you. c:

Leon, Matt and Ethan like this.
  5. Rory_Bedell

Rory_Bedell Known Member
    Rory_FTW

Yes, I agree the on going comment, noob and rekt and 2good4u are very hurting towards other players and this makes them feel like their bad, which is not true at all, and on my call that should not be tolerated at all so max, I really this would be a good idea for rude and disparraging players out there and then maybe this would teach them a lesson and then they would learn from their mistakes.

6. MeAndMyCat

MeAndMyCat
    VIP

MeAndMyCat

Why is there a difference between noob and ezz/l2p/rekt?

Tahsin likes this.
  7. Tahsin

Tahsin Map Builder
    TahsinRahman

That is a very good point. They are all really insulting so why would you be able to get away by saying one insult and not get away by saying the other. I mean, 'noob' and 'l2p' are both very offensive.

MeAndMyCat and Rory_Bedell like this.
  8. Max

Max
    Owner and Chief of Staff

SimplyToTheMax

According to Urban Dictionary, noob means the following:Basically it is used to insult a pesron who makes a stupid comment or somebody who makes many stupid comments

9. Tahsin

Tahsin Map Builder
    TahsinRahman

Ok, but who uses Urban Dictionary nowadays? :p Urban Dictionary doesn't always have the correct definition. ;)

Tommychef123 and Cecilia like this.
  10. MeAndMyCat

MeAndMyCat
    VIP

MeAndMyCat

Okay, it has a different meaning, but I think it's as offensive as ezz/l2p/rekt.

11. Tim

Tim New Member
    TimmaaaaH

Saying ez is way more offensive than saying noob imo and it's worth the effort of punishing the people that say it.

12. iMightTroll

iMightTroll Known Member

person*

Tahsin likes this.
  13. Eddy

Eddy
    VIP

Nafels

There is no point in arguing which if those words is the most offensive. It is just important that your should try to not use these words.

14. MeAndMyCat

MeAndMyCat
    VIP

MeAndMyCat

The words will keep being said no matter what. And there is a point in arguing, because the rules might get updated as the owners will see they could be wrong. No offence, but this is a forum, expect criticism.

15. Eddy

Eddy
    VIP

Nafels

This won't be a subject for a flame war, I wasn't seeing the comments above as criticism, nor did I say that these words shouldn't be said here, as they are matter of this thread, but the Sr. Staff will be considering the terms and the severity of the meanings of certain words and ofcourse your suggestions are valid. But as Max said:
    "We're revoking the ezz/l2p/rekt rule. Saying noob or other disrespect will still result in an instant kick. If continued, a ban will be filed. Saying ezz etc. on excess will still result in punishment".

That's all I have to say, expect rules to be updated in the upcoming weeks.

Regards,
    Eddy

16. Leon

Leon Known Member
    TheBluemeerkat

As eddy stated, everything will be updated to the latest state. This will also bring along more updates with the moderators as well. Please revise the rules so you can fully understand the punishments within the network.

Regards
    Leon.

17. cdrew

cdrew Known Member
    cdrew2

Please do not post inappropriate links on the forums. Please edit your post because for some reason I can't :p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    Tahsin and Rory_Bedell like this.
  18. Tahsin

Tahsin Map Builder
    TahsinRahman

Due to this new rule, I have noticed that strangely enough, the disrespect has gone down or is it just me who has that observation?

P.S: this is my 300th post xD

Tommychef123 likes this.
  19. Tommychef123

Tommychef123 Known Member
    Tommychef123

Nah it is cuz more people have joined...

20. Eddy

Eddy
    VIP

Nafels

You are right indeed, I think the rather harsh way the rules used to be made players stop, or it's just new players joining (like Tommy said).

Tommychef123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.